1. Property inspection – we will carry out a no-obligation inspection and prepare the following
o A pre-sale Valuation (this is not a formal valuation and is intended as a guide for marketing purposes only)
o Marketing report (a guide to the marketing and any works that might be advantageous to complete prior to marketing)
o Fee quote (An outline of your Estate Agency costs along with details of the associated costs and an indication of costs relating to the Conveyancing)
1. Carry out preparation works. (depending on the recommendations within the marketing report, time scales and finance, there may be works that you wish to carry out prior to commissioning the Home report and proceeding to the market)
2. Back ground set up
o Questionnaire (The Home Report requires the owner to complete a questionnaire. We will also ask additional questions relating to the property and the reasons behind the sale.)
o AML information and Risk assessments completed. (Under current legislation and regulations, the Estate Agent and solicitor dealing with the sale, and any subsequent purchase will request photo ID and proof of address and additionally, may ask how the property purchase was originally funded.)
o Terms of engagement issued (This formalise the contract between the seller and the agent)
o Any pre-sale outlays requested. (In many cases there are up front cost to cover for example the Home Report that will be requested by the Estate Agent in order to progress matters.)
3. Marketing set up
o Order – Home Report (Under Scottish legislation the seller must commission a Home Report and have this available for any prospective purchasers.)
o Order photographs (In many instances professional photographers will be commissioned to ensure the quality of photos being produced in the Sales Schedule)
o Prepare the schedule (As Agents we will produce a draft schedule combining the photos, floor plan and wording to maximise the impact)
o Home report and schedule passed top client for approval (The Home Report and schedule can be commented on – it should be noted that with the Home Report only factual errors will be amended by the surveyor)
1. Placing the property on our own website
2. Placing it on Rightmove portal
3. Placing on Zoopla portal that by default also land on other portals including Prime locations and the Scotsman.
4. Promoting to database of active registered buyers
5. Notify on Social media.
• Log information
1. Home Report Requests
2. Viewing requests Viewings arranged and followed up
3. Notes of interest/ offers
4. Feedback to clients on progress. (As marketing progresses we will keep the seller up to date with progress in order that they are aware of what is happening)
1. Closing date
o Notes of interest received
o When appropriate competitive closing date set
2. Alternatively offer received and accepted or negotiated.
1. Once an offer has been accepted in principle the case is passed to the solicitor to handle the conveyancing process.